Friday, September 21, 2007

My "swirly twirly paisley math thingys"


First I had to figure out what "swirly twirly paisley math thingys" were. (I just love the way Jenn talks. I still get my bedtime helpers to "woller" my shawls every night.)

Okay Jenn, I created a web page on igoogle with some of my own "swirly twirly paisley math thingys", otherwise know as fractals. There are two main pages of fractal images. Two of the images have titles which are links to a series of similar images. (I couldn't decide which image I liked best). Click on the fractal you want to see and it will take you to a larger image. If you want to, you can double click on that image and look at the whole image in detail a section at a time. I will upload new fractals and explanations to those web pages and post links to them here on my blog.

These are huge images so I don't want to post them directly on my blog. The fractal image above is a medium size file, if you click on it you will get an image large enough to use as a background.

Let me know if the large images don't work with your browser. Just because it all works with my setup doesn't mean it will work with everyones.

4 comments:

Dona said...

Those are gorgeous! I remember some of them but it has been forever since I have seen them. What a great thing to put on your blog. I love the way Jen talks also. And she was brilliant to think of the fractals!

blog648 said...

Hi, I just saw the link on Susan's blog and thought I'd drop in. Looks like a fun blog. I enjoyed the fractals link.

Susan is the one that inspired me to start blogging. It's a good way to keep in touch. And a good way to vent or express yourself. I post a lot of pictures and I "editorialize" a lot on mine.

Anonymous said...

I knew you would know what I was talking about. Everybody knows how to "woller a shawl."

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.