Monday, October 1, 2007

Thanks for the Memories

Today I sent the following to the weather team at KSLTV:

Kevin Eubanks and the KSL Weather Team

Thank you for the weather calendar contest galleries. I am quadriplegic and have been for 33 years. It has greatly limited my ability to get out to see the many beautiful and awe inspiring places in Utah and its surrounding states. You have brought Utah to me.

Before I broke my neck, I visited some of the more difficult to reach places in the canyon lands with some friends. I know the thrill of sitting on the edge of a cliff point watching the sun set over the maze in the canyon lands and looking to my left to see a big, white tail buck watching it too. Growing up in the Northwest and here in Utah I have felt that same overwhelming awareness of how beautiful this world really is and how grateful I am to have been able to reach out and touch it and breath it in [many times]. When I look through the contest galleries, after a while, I begin to feel again that same sense of awe, and reverence, and gratitude. Again, thank you for bringing this great smorgasbord of images back into my view.

I just wanted to share the feelings I have had as I've clicked through the contest galleries. I know the experience of actually being out there in the mountains and on the lakes and rivers is more powerful, (that's a given) but after about a half an hour of looking at these images I started to remember. Sometimes I remembered being there and seeing that; sometimes I remembered being somewhere similar. As I remembered I began to have the same feelings of awe amd reverence. Sometimes I forget to be grateful for the memories.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know about this. Nature is good for all of us to connect to what's good and wonderful. I think I'll check these out.

Danielle

Dona said...

I did check them out. They are great. I loved your letter to ksl.
Can't wait to read more.

Leiser Family said...

Wow Linda, what an inspiring blog! This really is a beautiful life.

Noelle

Leiser Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.