Sunday, September 9, 2007

Introducing Me and My Blog


I don't have a houseful (or even an armful) of children to provide me with humorous material for a personal blog, so why am I blogging?

I have decided this is as good a way as any to get down all those stories friends keep telling me I ought to get recorded. I really do want to record them but every time I decide to write them up I can't think of any of them and I don't know who I'm writing them for anyway which makes it rather hard to get started. After all, you need to know your audience before you can write effectively. So you guys give me suggestions, stories you remember when you've said "Have you got this written down?" and I have guiltily hung my head and given all kinds of lame excuses why not; and I'll get them written up. Then you all (and anyone else who decides to drop in) can be the intended audience.

While I've been typing this I have been listening to a science program on Stephen Hawkings. They are discussing whether or not information would survive being sucked into a black hole. I guess the new "information age" has made this a matter of great concern. Personally, I am not too concerned about it. Maybe they are predicting we'll get sucked into a black hole and no one will know we ever even existed, so it is imperative that the data bases survive. Hmmm ... The next program on the science channel says it appears Super Black Holes are in the center of every galaxy. Gee, that means we really are being sucked into a black hole. Seems to me I remember hearing rumors of such a phenomena back in high school physics. The idea gave me nightmares at the time. I am so curious about what is really going on out there. Scientists make such interesting guesses, some very useful guesses, but still, guess. Ahhh, here I am, already philosophizing about "What is Truth".

Confession: The picture above is 21 years old. I hate having my picture taken and it is the latest one I have.

4 comments:

Dona said...

Very cool Linda! I love it.
Here's my list of some of my favorite Linda stories
1. Don't eat the peas Kathy (or was it Carla)
2. God put Jonah in the belly of the whale so he could think.
3. The good number bad number thing.
4. When you got left at primary and had to walk home.
5. The baby powder on the floor in your house.
Those are just a few to get you started. I'll think of more (:

Anonymous said...

Looking good! You should post some of those swirly twirly paisley math thingys and then expalin them to me again and again.

Susan said...

Your blog is really fun! I will get those pics of Chris sewing up.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda!
I am excited for your blog! I think you need to do the stories from when you were a camp counselor during the whole "free love" movement.

Also, your whole childhood quest to find primary. Love that whole sequence.

I've also never even heard the story from your accident and I bet you could write alot on all that you have learned as you have struggled with that.

Maybe right now you could write us some memories of the Holms that we could all use.

You are terrific, Linda. It will be good to hear more views through your window!

--Katy